Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hootie Hoot Hello

Hello World! How are you?
I have been very busy with work and school lately so I apologize for not posting. I am going to try to post at least once a month from now on. Let's see how that works out : )

Anyhoo, I'm sharing a couple of birthday and hello cards I made recently whose main images are owls(my fav!).

Thanks for stopping by!
Dee

The top card was made for no one in particular. Just wanted to use this huge Hero Arts owl stamp and this pretty paper. I also wanted to try the Tim Holtz fragments. You will notice it on the top right hand side. It's the oval shape dangling from the brad. I glued a scrap piece of the designer paper behind it and there you have it. A lovely matching embellishment. I really loved using the fragments. It was so easy.

These two similar z-fold cards were made for 2 of my dearest friends whose birthday is the same week. These photos seem a little flat compared to the card in person. I used lots of pop dots to add dimension and to secure the z-folds closed.



The last one was made for my nephew's 13th birthday. His birthday and mine are exactly a week apart. I think it may have been a little too young for him but I couldn't help myself. I still think he's 5 yrs old.
He called me after receiving the card and said "Hey your getting good at this card stuff." Isn't he a cutie!!!!

I just love that little snail brad on the tree limb. It's a little hard to see in the photo but I used the happy birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder on the blue paper so it should read Happy Birthday 2 you....get it??? Awww come on... you get it. Well he got it and that's what counts... he he he.



No comments:

Post a Comment